Can you believe it’s almost Thanksgiving? I can’t. I’m still mentally in October, and November is halfway over! I’m sharing my Thanksgiving Kids’ Table Printables on Fox 13’s The Place this afternoon, so tune in at 1pm for more of my awkward on-camera antics. In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to round up a bunch of my favorite Thanksgiving activities for kids here. These are all great activities to do leading up to Thanksgiving, or use as pre-dinner distractions for the hangriest little guests at your table this year.
There are so many great Thanksgiving activities out there on the web, I thought it would be fun to share a bunch of my favorites here. You can always grab my Thanksgiving printables or ideas here, or head to some of these links for even more fun for your Thanksgiving celebration!
Printable Thanksgiving Activities:
- Thanksgiving Printables for Kids, from Natural Beach Living: This is a great assortment of coloring pages and worksheet/activities for all ages.
- Thanksgiving I SPY game, from Live, Laugh, Rowe: My preschooler would especially love this. It’s perfect for younger dinner guests!
- Gratitude Cootie Catcher, from Bren Did: Everyone loves a cootie catcher, and this one’s got a great Thanksgiving theme.
I found so many great Thanksgiving activities for the whole family as I perused Pinterest the other day. These games would be great for the whole family to play as you’re waiting for dinner, or after dinner while you’re waiting for the big game to come on.
- Thanksgiving Charades, from I Can Teach My Child: This is a great game for the entire family to play. I love playing games that don’t have complicated rules.
- Turkey Hunt, from Happy Home Fairy: Genius! This is a great way to get the kids (even the big ones!) outdoors for a little fresh air before or after dinner.
- Stuff the Turkey, from Kid Friendly Things to Do: Of course the kids will love this game, but we have a couple uncles in our family that I can see getting pretty competitive with this game. Step aside, kids. This Thanksgiving activity is for the big guys!
- Thanksgiving Bingo, from Making Friends: This bingo printable comes with a bunch of different bingo cards, so there’s enough variety for the whole family to play. Bonus points for using candy corn as the bingo markers!
- Roll a Turkey, from Inspiration Made Simple: Sneak a little learning into your Thanksgiving day with this fun Thanksgiving activity for younger grades + preschoolers.
Crafts are also a great pre- or post- Thanksgiving activity. Keep those little hands busy with a fun project or two while the grownups are trying to nap or watch football.
- Paper Bag Turkeys, from Crafty Morning: You probably don’t even need to buy anything for this Thanksgiving activity. Just grab a couple lunch bags from the pantry and some colorful feathers or papers and you’re good to go!
- Play Dough Turkeys, from Mama, Papa, Bubba: Play Doh is always a hit, and these turkeys are super cute!
- Construction Paper Turkey, from Twitchettes: My daughter and I made these the other day. They were super easy and so cute when we were finished!
- Elbow Macaroni Turkey craft, from I Heart Crafty Things: So cute! This one might take a little preparation ahead of time, but the result is well worth it.
- Apple Turkey Craft, from I Heart Crafty Things: What’s better than a craft? A craft project you can eat, of course! These adorable apple turkeys would be a welcome addition to any kids’ table at my house.