Summer’s almost here, and the warmer weather has me dreaming of evenings spent in the backyard. Lazy Sunday afternoon barbecues, with the cousins running amok in the yard. Saturday morning brunch on the patio. The patio is on our project list for this year; and I really can’t wait to get started. My friends at Wayfair hired me* to put together a style board with my dream patio. Pretty great that they’re paying me to tackle my own to-do list, right? Thanks for the motivation, guys! Here’s what I have in mind:
Some of these things have been on my patio wish list for as long as I can remember: A hammock, cafe lights, fire pit, and bright colors. Here’s a little shopping guide for you:
- Edison outdoor string lights: Set the tone for evening parties with a little vintage-inspired lighting.
- Striped Hammock: Cheerful and relaxing at the same time. The perfect combo.
- White Planter: Simple planters let the flowers take center stage. The texture makes it interesting, without being overbearing.
- Triangle Pillow: Make the patio comfy with some great outdoor pillows. More likely: my kids will see who can throw them onto the roof first. But still, outdoor pillows are must.
- Drink Tub: Keeping drinks cold and at arms reach is an entertaining essential.
- Mint ombre pillow: Again with the pillows. This one would look great on that hammock. Or on the roof. 😉
- Melamine Dishes: Perfect for outdoor dining; and adds a pop of color to the table.
- Grill: Looks like a built-in without the construction mess.
- Plants: Ccolorful, and drought-tolerant. My black-thumb’s dream come true.
- Bird Houses: Reminds me of a weekend we spent at a charming coastal cottage, where the garden was filled with birdhouses and personality.
- Giraffe Pillow: That’s it. I’m doing pillows for the patio this year. Final answer.
- Indoor/Outdoor rug: Beautiful and indestructible. I have several of these; and the color stays vibrant while it holds up to dirt and traffic.
- Fire pit: A simple shape and crackling fire is the perfect backdrop for many summer memories. And a few toasted marshmallows.
- Seating: Clean lines and crisp colors lend easy sophistication to this seating set.
I’m actually meeting with a landscaper tomorrow to see how many of my dreams we can make into realities. It’ll be fun to see how far we get this year. I’m also wishing for some garden beds built into our hillside and a clubhouse for the kids. Maybe I’m shooting the moon here, but a girl can dream, right? In my search for the perfect patio, I stumbled across a couple other things I love, that I just couldn’t squeeze onto the style board:
Again with the pillows. But there are so many fun options; and this is a fun nod to our California years.
My grandparents used to have one of these gliders in their yard; and I have so many fond memories of it. I’d love to have one in my own yard someday. Also, have you seen Wayfair’s Idea Boards yet? It’s a great way to organize all your favorites; you can see what else is on my patio dreams idea board here.
I’m so excited to get cracking on my patio plan. Hopefully the rain will stop long enough I can get some yard work done this weekend. Have a great day!
*This post is sponsored by Wayfair. I chose all the products; and all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands who support my work.